Transportation covers a broad field from structures such as bridges and tunnels to roadways and rail systems, and from airports and airlines to road vehicles, and from vehicle identification and tracking systems to marine terminals and watercraft to sea-going container storage.
Wivenhoe Group and its associated consultants have a unique history in this field which includes the following examples of projects that we have been involved with or have participated in:
LAX Airport Authority – Los Angeles, CA
- Assessment of Terrorist Threat Level at all off-site Parking Lots to be used as General Parking areas when security levels raised
Passaic Valley Sewerage Authority, Main Facility – Newark, NJ
- General Threat Assessment of impact on local roadway and I-95 Corridor in the event of a serious emergency condition or terrorist event.
Caesars World – Atlantic City, NJ
- Threat Assessment Study of impact of Terrorist Siege of Casino area and closure of AC Expressway and Route 30 roads to Casino areas
Rail Transport Related Projects:
Port Authority of NY & NJ – New Jersey:
- George Washington Bridge and Staten Island Bridges. Toll Lane CCTV Surveillance – Video Image Capture and Enhancement Assessment of physical operations, security measures and analysis of traffic flow, and emergency event response measures.
Parsons Brickerhoff/New Jersey Transit – New Jersey:
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Transit System – Security Design Support Services
Provided security support services for the new light rail transit system project (20 mile corridor running from Bayonne to North Bergen, NJ). Project tasks included a security Requirements Analysis of threats, risks, and vulnerabilities to the corridor area, parking lots and yard and shops, and security conceptual design for 32 stations, 10 associated parking lots and a yard/shops maintenance facility.
New Jersey Transit – New Jersey:
- Installation of a Remote CCTV Monitor/Control Extension at Newark City Subway
Provided the design and installation of security CCTV remote monitoring system. This system interfaces and extends the existing fiber optic video communications network.
Techmark-TAC, The Architects Collaborative Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority – Massachusetts:
- Security Design Support. Assisted with security and data communications for the South Station Transportation Center/Bus Terminal Build-Out. Tasks included: a vulnerability assessment, preparation of conceptual design, specifications, drawings and related bid documentation. Systems included security management system (central computer monitoring and control), CCTV, intrusion detection, emergency telephone, access control, audio surveillance, and passenger information display.
MTA – Subways Division, New York City:
- Security Design Assessment. Assisted Prime Contractor in determination of Security CCTV Design for 26 Subway stations in Manhattan area. Also included Access Control for workers and passengers.
MTA – Metro North Railroad, Poughkeepsie, New York:
- Security Design Assessment. Assisted Prime Consulting Engineers in development of Security Plan for new Rail Station and associated structures at Poughkeepsie, NY. Included Parking Lot Security involving CCTV, Perimeter Access Control, and Exterior Duress Alarm Systems
TBA – Manhattan, NY
- Assisted with development of systems for control of traffic access to Mid-Town Tunnel, and approaches to George Washington Bridge.
City of London – London, UK
- Assisted with traffic flow studies in determination of Security Systems for Canary Wharf development in East Central London.
City of Versailles – Versailles, France
- Assisted Thomson CSF with development of CCTV system to control traffic around historic structures and to secure same from terrorist threats.
Coach Inc. – Monmouth County, New Jersey
- Assistance with Design of new Vehicle Tracking System involving GPS System, and assessment of in-bus camera systems. Fleet of 563 buses
Academy Bus Lines Inc. – Howell, NJ
- Assistance with Design of new Vehicle Tracking System involving GPS System, and assessment of in-bus camera systems. Fleet of approx. 1,000 buses.
Pemberton School District – Pemberton, NJ
- Feasibility Study on the use of CCTV. Cameras and DVR Recording Systems for district school buses. Fleet of approx. 80 buses.